An exciting role for an innovative and experienced Practice Manager to oversee a large and diverse rural practice on Auckland city's doorstep.
About the role
If you are an experienced Practice Manager with the ability to take a team of dedicated staff on a journey of growth and positive change this is the role for you.
You will utilise your management and leadership skills and with the support of the Kaipara Medical Centre Board will work towards our strategic goals to:
- Improve the health outcomes for the South Kaipara community.
- Be recognised as a centre of excellence for rural health care.
- Ensure the Kaipara Medical Centre is a financially sustainable business.
Enjoy the lifestyle of small-town New Zealand and still have access to the benefits of the city nearby.
Helensville township is well serviced with local amenities and is a short drive from beautiful beaches, including Muriwai in the west and Orewa in the northeast.
Live locally or commute against the flow of Auckland traffic.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience in managing a Medical Centre which caters for more than 3500 patients.
- To demonstrate successful achievement in structuring, managing and executing special projects.
- An understanding of the importance of information technology and systems.
- An understanding and respect for the practices, values and beliefs that uplift Māori health, and the health of other ethnic minorities.
- Experience leading teams of people and creating a work culture where people strive for success and personal growth.
- Extensive communications skills and the ability to relate to both internal and external audiences including others in the health sector.
- The confidence and knowledge to leverage business opportunities to ensure the Centre's financial sustainability.
About the business
The Kaipara Medical Centre is a busy practice in the main street of Helensville. We serve a largely rural population but are just a 40-minute off-peak drive from central Auckland.
The Centre operates under a unique Limited Partnership Model with ownership shared amongst the Helensville District Health Board (50% shareholding), Waitemata District Health Board (20%) and two long-serving GPs (30%).
We have a full complement of eight GPs with 16 other nursing, administration and support staff. A far cry from when the local GP opened his sole-charge practice here some 50 years ago.
We are proud of our heritage but equally excited about being at the forefront of primary health care now and into the future.
Northwest Auckland is growing rapidly and as such the needs of our practice are changing. Our population is increasingly diverse and disperse and includes the five marae of Ngāti Whātua o Kaipara.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 19 November.
A full job description is available on request from Angie Wright, Board Secretary, on email@example.com or 09 420 7878