We are looking for an experienced Registered Practice Nurse to be an active participant of our nursing team, with the ability to work 24-32 hours per week.
The Practice Nurse provides primary-care nursing support, patient interventions and treatments within the Kaipara Medical Centre. As part of the General Practice team, you will work within your scope of practice and be responsible for providing patient-centered, culturally appropriate, and individual holistic care to patients.
The role is integral as part of our wider teams’ strategies to:
- Improve the health outcomes for the South Kaipara community
- Be recognised as a centre of excellence for rural health care
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven Practice Nursing experience (with current nursing registration)
- To ideally have an Immunisation Certification
- Smear-testing experience is advantageous
- Experience in providing acute patient care and long-term conditions care
- Experience in recall systems and health screen processes
- The ability to demonstrate planned nursing care to achieve identified outcomes
- Skill in undertaking comprehensive and accurate nursing assessments
- Thorough knowledge of best practice nursing
- An understanding and respect for the practices, values and beliefs that uplift Māori health, and the health of other ethnic minorities
- To be able to work closely with the wider GP team to provide efficient, effective and professional nursing services
- The ability to work effectively with information technology and practice systems
- Extensive communication skills, and the ability to relate to both internal and external audiences, including others in the health sector
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this job.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 1 April 2019.
A full job description is available on request from Jaime Rose-Peacock, email@example.com or 021 101 2633.